Shipment to Qatar

I personally don’t really know what’s going to happen now.
I’ve been told all units for Qatar will ship from Germany, haven’t heard any feedback on our test shipment with a new provider, the talks with the current forwarder last week may have lit a fire under their seats, I truly don’t know at the moment.

@IvoGrijt Who is doing the talk with the new provider?

@Philips_Support_N please update us.

It’s weekend, I’ve gotten some confusing information, and am not able to verify anything at the moment, so I have the information I had on hand.

By the way, just as an indication that our forwarders are not the only ones unable to ship to certain places including Qatar, read what another Indiegogo campaign shipping a product with a high capacity battery posted in their latest update:

Shipping to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Middle East, Africa, South America and remote or island countries remains unavailable until the temporary shipping suspension has been lifted. We’ve enquired with 15+ different forwarders now however none of them have a shipping method available. We will keep searching and will advise when things have changed.

@IvoGrijt i remember that you have managed to ship the projector to Saudi. So your excuse by showing other campaign is not valid.

Can you pls share details of the projector/ battery that have made the shipping into Qatar is not possible? To be more specific what is the UN and PI number/ code used for the batteries? Also what is the size of the batteries in Wh?

The shipment to Saudi Arabia was handled by a different shipper, who shipped to neighboring UAE and transported the units by ground into Saudi Arabia. Our forwarder (and many others apparently) aren’t as creative it seems.

For the other specs, check Teardown by Paul Bruss for instance

If it is a standalone battery yes it is not possible. But electronics with battery is allowed. https://www.shopandship.com/content/uploads/110/282/51189/SS_Unacceptable_Items_List_E.pdf
Have you tried Aramex?
Shipping from Germany or Swiss to Qatar only costs less than US$30 and it will come in less than one week. I have a shipping address in Germany and Swiss that you can use but you guys need to refund the shipping cost.
I don’t want this to be similar to our World Cup tagline: See you in 2022!

Guys,

Be aware that @Philips_Support_N organized for me the shipping of the projector directly with DHL .
However, for some obscure reason the shipment is now transferred to Qatar Post and since 31 July it is nowhere to be found on their tracking page.

The package was initially registered with DHL on 24 July. Today is 06 August…

I mean… what can we say? Avoid DHL by all means. Although it is German, it’s far from being reliable.

UPS, Aramex, name it. So many other valid options out there…

Hey @captainolivez, any update on your device yet ?

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N any update on the shipment to Qatar?

I have checked with logistics guy in my company, he said should not be a prob to ship a UN3481 71.8Wh from Europe to Qatar. Our company just shipped some equipment with batteries from German without much issues. Obviously it will cost more than the usual for declaration etc.

Also @Wahyu_Hidayat has suggested alternative by using Aramex shop and ship. FYI Aramex is very well known for courier services in Middle East.

Hi @ajmalmulla,

No change since my last post. The projector was sent from Germany with DHL. Unfortunately, since 31 July it is stuck somewhere as it’s been handed over to Qatar Post, who in return appears to be running slow due to the Covid restrictions.
I mean it’s so frustrating.

I have no clue why it went from DHL Germany to Qatar Post and not DHL Qatar.
We all know now it’s a major logistic failure and it doesn’t seem to be ending soon.

As discussed with @Philips_Support_N, it seems preferable to ship your stuff with UPS now. Otherwise, just forget it: you might get your projector by Christmas 2021.

Did you check with QPost, I think you can track packages on their website.

Yes, I track it every day on the QPost site.

I even called them and the dude said it takes 2 to 3 weeks from the day it departed from Germany… so but 20 Aug the latest, I suppose.

Guys,

Good news: I finally received the projector after more than 2 weeks of transit from Germany.

You have to either collect it from the GPO or you can get it delievered by Qatar Post.

Yours should follow promptly, hopefully. I will update you once I’ve tested it!

2 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:
I would suggest you try it out at least a few days on the firmware it came with, and only then upgrade. :bulb:

Congrats @captainolivez !!!
@IvoGrijt hope the others will be shipped out soon.

2 Likes

Congratulations @captainolivez!!

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N Hi, how are you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

any updates ? @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

1 Like

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N how many times do I have to keep tagging you guys to get a reply.

29 days ago you told us to wait a week for your solution and nothing yet.

@ajmalmulla, it seems the Chinese still can’t figure out how to ship to Qatar, so Nono just sent you a unit from Switzerland with tracking number UPS 1Z88V0060403446723
Steve