Sonos integration

You’re not supposed to go into recovery mode. Just start PPM normal way. Then go to Settings > Update and there choose Offline update.

Hi, I did a normal offline update :frowning: also tested to downloading the file again.
Tried with a new USB same problem…

Are you runing firmware 1.2.1? This is differential update from 1.2.1 and won’t work if your PPM is with any other version of the firmware.

1 Like

Thanx! I missed the 1.2.1 update :frowning: my fault! (Only checked for latest “online” update) downloading now and try again!

Now it worked! Now I got the same problem like you. “Your service is not ‘rooted’”

Hi everyone,

Please install the V1.2.3 beta using the instructions in INFO: How to do offline software update?, except for step 1, download this file instead. After unzipping this file as described in step 2, you will get the real update.zip file. It can be installed on top of any version.

How to try AirMusic

Once updated, you’ll notice that the launcher has a new icon on the top right of the apps grid. From this icon, turn on “Show cloud apps” feature. Make sure your Wifi is working. Note: You may need to turn it on/off a couple of times before it shows the cloud apps.

Then, simply install AirMusic Trial from the Home Screen and enjoy.

PS: this SW update is not fully translated, some parts may still appear in English only.

1 Like

Now AirMusic works :+1: Good work! (Tested with VLC)

I also tested it with VLC and Kodi. Using mp3 format and Sonos option in AirMusic the delay is about 3.65 seconds. Using wav it can get lower but seems to be worse. Using Airplay option I get 2 seconds delay with same quality as mp3 and Sonos option. However there are some cracking/poping sounds every time no matter if I use mp3/wav and Sonos option or I cast through Airplay. I tested with both VLC and Kodi using 2 different video files and 2 live TV streams. Every time I get those cracking/poping sounds from time to time. As much more intensive the sound is the that much more cracking/poping sound comes out. It really ruins everything for me. Wouldn’t use it this way. Don’t really know what is causing this. @rovrell, do you have the same issue? I tested with my surround setup (Beam + 2 IKEA Symfonisks), then broke the surround setup and tested with a single speaker - same issue.

Yes and No, had two files that got “poping” sound (.mp4) and tried other movies (.avi and .mp4) without. (Use AirPlay) In VLC I had to use -2450 delat in app. (2s settings in AirMusic) It has realy hard to get right delay :smile: but will try more settings this weekend.

1 Like

@rovrell, @Philips_Support_P, do you think we should write to AirMusic about this? Since it is somewhat video format dependant, maybe it is up to them to fix it. @rovrell, would you please check if those that were “poping” are AC3 DolbyDigital 5.1 ? Although I got this issue with the live TV stream which is only 2.0, the files that I tested were 5.1 (don’t have any others at the moment). @Philips_Support_P, I really doubt it but … I’ll ask anyway - could this be because it’s trial?

P.S. @rovrell, yes, to find the right delay is kind of pain in a… well, you know it. But I believe if everything else gets sorted the delay can be adjusted . I think PPM’s hardware handles it well and that was my biggest concern. Maybe just a bit of a problem with video rendering from time to time but can’t really tell. This poping sound and those 10 minutes 'till “trial version sound” kicks in made me turn it off before I test video rendering long enough to tell it for sure.

It was 2ch on both working and “poping”
Also hope to get full version of AirMusic soon :slight_smile:

@Philips_Support_P , so any thoughts from you on this? Any contact in AirMusic to write to? Any info how to get the full version of the app?

@rovrell , you might wanna try to turn off digital passthrough option for the audio (in VLC or Kodi or whatever you are using). I think it worked for me.

@vzhivkov Thanx for the tips, it was already off. Today it was much easier to sync video/audio delay. Think it’s was something with my local network last time :frowning: 2,5s in Kodi, but I got a low “poping” noice on the videos i tested today. Hope @Philips_Support_P will fix the buy option soon.

Hi @vzhivkov We are in touch with AirMusic to improve the response time further. As soon as we have a noticeable improvement, you’ll be first to hear about it.

The option to buy is coming soon, we are still working out the specifics.

1 Like

Thank you! It doesn’t really matters to me if it is 1 second or 4 seconds as long as it is constant. I’m much more worried about that poping/cracking sound. I thought I’ve found a solution but since @rovrell has that “Pass through” option turned off and still has that issue than it is a matter of time I try to play a content that will be problematic. So I hope this will be resolved.

It was very low, but not like the other video. Did’n check if it was 5.1 of 2ch. Will check more when we can buy full version of AirMusic :slight_smile:

Yeah I just tried out the AirMusic trial app included with the v1.2.4 software update. I connected it via AirPlay to an AirPort Express and watched some video. Obviously the 2 second delay is pointless for apps that don’t have any ability to control delay, but I was able to go into the settings of AirMusic and turn the delay all the way down to zero and it actually seemed to work okay. There was a very slight but noticeable lag between the video and audio, similar to bluetooth I would say (and to be expected with wireless audio without automatic compensation in the video playback for the wireless latency).

My only problem was the same as what others have mentioned: I hear a kind of popping/crackling noise at random during streaming. I’ve only tested it with one app briefly (ARD Mediathek), but it does seem like this crackling/popping noise is a fairly common problem. It would be great if this could be looked into for an upcoming update!

If the crackling/popping thing goes away and it actually works reliably with the AirPlay delay set to 0s (I use a mixture of apps on the PicoPix Max like Netflix Prime Video, ARD, etc, not just VLC where I could control delay to compensate), then I would gladly pay for the full version, especially if the price is the same as what shows up on the Google Play Store (US$4)!

As AirMusic obviously is the the same app as AirAudio which I‘ve already purchased a long time ago via the Google playstore: Will I have to pay for it once more?

Hey @fraho,

AirAudio has been kicked by Google last year because their bot suddenly didn’t liked a link to a general rooting-description anymore that has been in the description since 2013.
You can contact AirMusic’s support for a voucher for its successor AirMusic :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers & kind regards,
Martin

1 Like