Working external battery pack?

Yes I managed to find it on their desktop site as well but not the mobile site for some reason, and if you look at the pictures on their site its made by this company in Shenzhen china but I can’t find the exact same mode
http://www.hundapower.com/en/Product/List/142.html

1 Like

Summarizing 45W powerbank with PD 15V/3A will be enough for running on normal mode, yes?
This one:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67033

Yes, as said by @Philips_Support_P here :
PPM Power requirement

1 Like

Hey Trappm, how’s the old Zmi’s going?

Because they are last year’s model I can find them fairly reasonably priced currently.

Have you had some time to test your total run time yet with the Zmi plugged in and on normal mode?

According to what I’ve read so far, I’m getting a bit confused to be honest :slight_smile: . I’m considering to buy this powerbank and I believe it should be enough RAVPower 20100mAh Powerbank USB C Power Delivery: Amazon.de: Elektronik .

Also this one is a nice upgrade for 10EUR more :slight_smile: www.amazon.de/-/en/RAVPower-Power-USB-C-Delivery-Black/dp/B0831G4F38 .

Any link recommendations on a power bank chargers for the picopix max please?

This one is the cheapest way:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000911001703.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.4000911001703&aff_trace_key=a562c9fe1f6f444a9a4107f60dd94605-1588096834789-02591-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=9632amp-2NTUp714air_wU3xMQIEvA1588096899550&browser_id=928edd308423430aab4fca5ba372971d&is_c=N&gclid=null
the PPM needs 15V current and at least 3A to work. 4A to work and charge at the same time. Currently none of the powerbanks available on the market (65W, 100W) have such parameters. They have only 15V/3A which gives 45W so it is pointless to buy a powerbank above 45W.

Some, as the Flash powerbank (Indiegogo campaign) promises to be fully compatible due to PPS compliance (see my post above in this thread).
I’ll receive mine end of May / beginning of June, and I’ll review it here to confirm it… or not !

2 Likes

I bought the 15000mah version of this powerbank and I’ve just received a message it is at the post office, I’ll test it out by the weekend. Our Friday Night Movie nights in the orchard are becoming a thing of legend 'round these parts. We have many foreigners that live with us during our harvest season so they all bring something to eat from their respective countries, we lay it all out on a table with camp chairs and do a double header each friday night. a kids movie first and then something more mature for the second one. Loving my PPM

5 Likes

Oh no! I just unboxed my new QB815 and the max 15W output over USB-C 2.66A on the box, but on the specs it says 15W/3A, on the outer box it says 15W/3A and on the ingraving on the battery itself it says 15W/2.66A… Oh well, only one way to find out… I’ll report back here tonight…

1 Like

Yes, that is a good suggestion.
Philips? Waiting for you.

Did it work?

It actually worked! I took a video but it’s too big a file. I’ll work something out to post it up here but the summary is that even on presentation mode, when I plugged the battery in, the screen flickered, came back brighter, the charging Led went red and the charging indicator on the home page turned on.

I only tested for like 5 mins, so still need to install the battery monitor app to see if it is actually going forward in battery percent or backward.

1 Like

You can use WeTransfer and get a link (no account needed), or DropBox and paste a link (requires an account)

Ok here is my little video.

https://we.tl/t-1D7K9wcPSh

To test tonight is to run the PPM with the Zmi plugged in, both fully charged and see what total playtime I get. I will use the internal android system and have it paired to my JBL BoomBox also.

Right, so that sucks, you have to follow the link and download it.

Here is a dodgy screenshot showing the PPM in Presentation mode and charging.

Big shout out to @trappm who put me onto these older Zmi’s that you can pick up cheap.

myminirocks,
Can you post a link to the 15000mAh powerbank you purchased?

He wrote above that he purchased a ZMI QB815 if I’m not wrong. I had not tested my ZMI further, it went quite warm after some time.

I think for powerbanks, charging + operating isn’t really important since the real goal for the powerbank is to charge PPM while not in use or extend its battery while in use.

2 Likes