General info about shipment and manufacturing

nope, should be the week starting from the 15th but most probably end of the week cause the whole cycle takes ~3 weeks from sending to receiving.

1 Like

According to Philips’ forwarder*

I think it is a bit ambitious that all European backers will receive their device by the end of this week - I myself have not seen an update since the 3rd of June (and will not see any updates until the projector has arrived in Malta as the service Philips chose does not provide complete end-to-end tracking and DHL themselves are unable to track the whereabouts of the device as it is apparently passing through a number of European countries before reaching its final destination, unless Philips were to ask DHL to open an investigation to look into it).

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt,
Indigogo says my projector was shipped on the 06/01/20 with DHL – CR071951070DE.
My contribution id is: 18798 My shippment is in Laurent destination country is Hungary.
I find a supposively old DHL shipment to Italy under this tracking number (i hope it was not mine). Mine is not found anywhere, Hungarian DHL doesn’t know aobut it.

Do you have any news about ti, or shall I be patient?

Thank you for your help!
Laszlo

From the DHL website:

DHL periodically recycles shipment waybill numbers for operational reasons. Occasionally this results in information being in their systems at the same time for two shipments travelling under the same waybill number. DHL is working hard to eliminate these occurrences however, in the meantime, please be assured that while this information may be confusing, your physical shipment will be heading to its correct destination and be receiving the same careful attention as every other shipment in their network.

1 Like

@djupsjob So you say Laurent packages have not been shipped yet, just the labels are created? I’m asking because if that’s an old tracking ID, than the new one is not in the DHL system yet.
L.

No, that’s not what I’m saying. The recycling of the waybill number (ie. tracking code) just explains why it looks as if your projector was delivered in Italy before it was even shipped from Hong Kong.

The way these EU shipments are designed leads to a situation where the tracking code is sent to the backer quite a long time before they start showing any progress. You can read more about the shipping process here and here. Also, we have put together a tracking and shipping FAQ which contains a lot of information.

2 Likes

Please note the below comment with the above comment.

3 Likes

This is a misstatement of a much larger post from @IvoGrijt and why there is confusion and frustration from backers.

He said the forwarders have communicated that all current active Europe lists where tracking was provided should be delivered by the 14th of June.

If we break that down

• that is not all Europe backers as you have said, but the ones currently on a list that recieved tracking
  • it is also not will have arrived, but the forwarders have said they should. There could be issues at local hubs that the forwarder did not account for, there could be issues with the forwarders flight.

@IvoGrijt made it very clear that this was the information the forwarder provided and that is all he and Phillips/Screeneo can go on and relay.

To place it in a vacuum without context causes misrepresentation of the statement.

4 Likes

@djupsjob So if you read the comments below about the 14th of Juen deadline, it’s clear why I’ve asked. The delivery has not started by German DHL, and it won’t arrive probably to Hungary by the end of this week. I’m just wondering if it’s HongKong, so I have to wait 2 more weeks or it’s in Germany?

And this is the one question I can’t give an answer to, I’m afraid. The best advice I can give is to wait, perhaps look at the tracking once a day or so if you feel inclined to do so and just generally keep cool about it. You can also check in the News section here on the forum now and then if you want to. I’m sorry that I can’t give you a better answer, but this is just the way it is.

2 Likes

So I should have mine by the 14th, as I am on one of the lists and received tracking number albeit not working yet. Its not a misstatement, only a direct quote from Ivo. If that means all listed backers delivered by 14th, so be it. We can only go by what they tell us.
This is the whole quote:

1. When they / she uses the word All I think they mean ALL backers sent this week (see 1) like discussed earlier, aka List 3 Betty, Jordan, Laurent & Amy, and not ALL EU backers of this campaign, as the last list of backers to fulfill hasn’t even been finished yet, let alone sent to them. So I’ll only give this more credibility myself once we get the tracking numbers for those backers.

So all of us with tracking numbers and on lists should expect our devices by the end of this week/begining of next. Again, according to them.
Lets wait, not long now and we have a clear end point.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tracking number is not working

No way all the backers from europe (from jordan and betty) will get their ppm until 14th.

1 Like

Personally I think if your being realistic I would say I don’t think so either. I think you would need to see tracking active by Thursday for that to happen and even that to meet seems tight as that would mean there is 3 days to go from Germany to everywhere in Europe.

But that is my point @IvoGrijt was only trying to update us with the most recent information available to them and he even pointed out that all Phillips and Screeneo can do is relay information they have been given and to an extent it is out of their hands.

To look at a portion of his post and take it as final statement causes issues. I get we only have a little information and gave to go by that but that is exactly what Phillips Screeneo is doing at this point now that production is done.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Let’s have a laugh at Philips Projection’s staff

GM Philips Team,
Is there any update for “Amy” SG shipment ? its 2 weeks and as per the communicated date 6-10 june, the tracking is still not active, if you can help followup with your forwarder and get us updates, really apprciate it. thank you.

Whoop whoop! Projector finally arrived :smiley: :smiley: Betty batch (EU - Malta)

5 Likes

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N
Any updates regarding backers whom are not in the list 1,2 and three?

Thank you

1 Like

I passed your Contribution ID and Backerkit number to The Listmaker yesterday, the list will be published by this Sunday as I said before

2 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes